Drug Rehab in Florida
Affordable Addiction Treatment is a drug rehab in Florida that offers a diverse range of substance-specific addiction treatments. These programs are developed to help clients recover both physically and psychologically from the impact of drug and alcohol abuse. Through the use of services like medically monitored detox and individual and group therapy, our specialists help clients understand the contributing factors to their addictions and how they can change their lives to support their sobriety. Keep reading to learn more about our substance abuse treatment and how we can make recovery possible for you or a loved one.
Drug Addiction Signs and Symptoms
A drug addiction or substance use disorder is a disease that impacts a person’s brain and behavior, leading to an inability to control one’s use of legal or illegal drugs and alcohol. Individuals with addictions will continue to use drugs or alcohol despite the obvious and severe physical, mental, and relational consequences.
Drug addiction may start with the experimental use of recreational drugs in social settings, and for some people, substance use becomes more frequent. For others, addiction begins when they take prescribed medications or receive them from others. This is prevalent in individuals who take prescription opioids.
Additionally, the risk of addiction and how quickly a person becomes addicted to a substance varies by substance. Some drugs, such as opioids and stimulants, are known for their high potential for abuse and can cause a substance use disorder more quickly than others.
As time passes, the individual may require larger doses of the substance to experience the same effect. Soon, they may need drugs or alcohol just to feel good or normal, which is the mark of tolerance and physical dependence. As drug use increases, the individual may experience intense cravings and withdrawals when they attempt to cut back or quit.
Other common signs and symptoms of addiction include:
- Continuing to use the substance, even though you know it’s causing problems in your life or damaging your health
- Doing things to get the substance that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing
- Driving or doing other risky activities under the influence of the substance
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to cut back or quit
- Failing in your attempts to quit
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — daily or even several times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug that block out any other thoughts
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug use
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Spending a significant amount of time getting the drug, using the drug, or recovering from the effects of the drug
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it
- Taking larger amounts of the drug over a longer period of time than you intended
The specific side effects and signs of drug use may also vary depending on the substance. For instance, while opioid abuse may cause drowsiness, sedation, and slurred speech, stimulant abuse may cause increased energy, irritability, and talkativeness. Recognizing the signs of substance abuse is the first step to getting someone help at a facility like our addiction recovery center.
Risk Factors of Addiction
Addiction doesn’t care about how much money you make or where you come from. It can affect anyone. Drug and alcohol use disorders are serious, chronic, relapsing diseases that can grow worse and worse if the individual doesn’t undergo intervention and professional treatment.
Some common risk factors for addiction include:
- Existing mental health disorder
- Family history of substance abuse
- Genetic predisposition
- Growing up in a home where substance abuse took place
- Physical or psychological sensitivity to drugs and/or alcohol
Peer pressure can also lead to drug and alcohol abuse, as many people will feel as if they have to engage in substance abuse to fit in or make friends. Some individuals may also have a greater propensity for substance abuse, and having a family history of addiction or growing up in an environment where substance use is normal makes it more likely to occur.
Services at Our Florida Drug Rehab Center
Our drug rehab in Florida is committed to helping people overcome their substance use disorders and achieve long-term sobriety. We treat all types of drug addiction, mental health disorders, and co-occurring disorders at our facility.
We offer addiction treatment in Florida for substances like:
- Prescription Drugs
- Synthetic Drugs
Depending on the client’s clinical assessment – which is conducted to determine their treatment plan – patients may begin their treatment with a detox program, which helps flush toxins out of the system and manage withdrawals. Following detox, patients may then begin to work with therapists in individual and group therapy sessions to learn about the coping mechanisms they can utilize to avoid relapse.
Affordable Addiction Treatment Can Help
Our drug rehab center in Florida offers a wide variety of substance abuse treatment services to support patients through the physical and psychological challenges of recovery. If you or someone you care about is battling addiction, don’t wait to get help.
Contact Affordable Addiction Treatment today for more information about our services.